Advertise with us - within so many miles of your postcode
This is a user-focused, data-driven website so we have tried to keep advertising to a minimum. We have also created a lower rate for victims of crime as opposed to everyone else.
- Appeals for information ads – we offer a half-price ad service for appeals for information from the victims of crime (e.g. have you seen my dog, car, bike, it looks like this)
- Corporate ads – these are for everyone else (e.g. law firms, security consultants, insurance companies, estate agents, local politicians, bakers butchers, restaurants, etc)
Why should we advertise with you?UKCrimeStats.com is a lot cheaper than local newspapers which means you can advertise for a much longer period of time. By advertising through ukcrimestats.com you can reach a very specific audience, those interested in crime and their environment in very specific areas – like neigbourhoods and shortened postcodes like SE1.
How many ads can we have on each page?We are keeping it to just two banner ads on each page. Each banner ad will be sized at the standard of width 468 pixels and height 60 pixels:
Where will our ads appear on your website?It depends what you want. We currently have the following slots:
- Advertise by Neighbourhood – there are 5,000 plus neighbourhoods listed on our database. So if you only want to advertise in the neighbourhood of Frome Park in Somerset and have your ads appear when anyone selects that neighbourhood, or a post code within it, or a crime page in that area, e.g. Crime 1000000 then tell us that's what you want, pay us and we'll upload the ads for you.
- Advertise by Police Force Page – there are 43 Police Force pages for each separate Police Force like the Greater Manchester Police or the West Yorkshire Police. To advertise on one of these pages please email email@example.com.
- Advertise by Tabbed Page – there are 7 tabbed pages; Home, Police Forces, Neighbourhoods, Streets, FAQ, Advertise and Contact. To advertise on one of these pages please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
So how much does it cost?
We need resources to recoup our investment costs and keep improving the website for you. The longer the advertising stretch you buy, the better value it is. You'll also be supporting this project of opening up crime data to the public in a meaningful and responsible way.